April 21, 2015
The anti-bucket list.
I was talking with a co-worker that I think is hovering right on or around 70-years-old. With that [approximate] age comes life experience and perspective, right? He was talking to me about how he recently did something that he had never done before. It was cool.
The conversation then naturally moved toward things he hadn't done.
And then he said, "I still haven't seen a horse race. But then... there's some things I haven't done because I don't care."
And I smiled because I loved that.
It's like the anti-bucket list. (You know, a "bucket list" are the things you'd like to do before you "kick the bucket." For my ESL friends, "kick the bucket" is an American way of saying, "die.")
I liked the idea of having a "Things I haven't done because I just don't care" list.
Nothing like lowering the bar.
Who needs another goal?
Another pinterest idea?
Who needs another "Must Do"?
Let's keep it real.
So here. Here are some things that I don't care if I ever do:
1. Make anything out of the Julia Child Mastering the Art of French Cooking cookbook.
2. Get my palm read / fortune given.
3. Ride in a race car or hot air balloon.
4. Own a cat. [I'm nervous about typing that for fear of nasty comments from pro-cat friends.]
5. Watch Game of Thrones or any sort of vampire/zombie TV show.
6. Read Harry Potter.
7. Go on a cruise.
9. Eat an olive.
10. Enjoy watching other people's kids extracurricular activities.
In all honesty, there are some things that I would love to do.
1. Use my camera in manual mode.
2. Write a book.
3. See the Northern Lights.
4. Raise empathetic children who are happy adults.
5. Celebrate 50 years of marriage with my everything.
6. Learn to make an angel food cake from scratch; complete with balancing upside down on a coke bottle on my kitchen counter.
7. Live next door to my baby sister.
8. Be a Grandma.
9. Buy a labra or goldendoodle and school it to be a therapy dog and visit hospitals and make not well people happy.
10. Work for me.
*To be continued...
That's all for now.
written by Ky | TwoPretzels at 8:32 PM