March 2, 2015
What they say. Volume V.
1. Lila calls coins "coints".
"Look! I found a COINT on the ground in the car!"
2. The other day Vivienne wanted to wear tights. It was at least 80 degrees. I told her, "No."
She said, "Well, I'm going to ask Daddy."
I said, "You can, but you know we're on the same team."
...threw the tights down and said, "I wish you were on the TIGHTS TEAM."
3. When the Ohio State Buckeyes played in the national championship (and won it), in preparation, Lila made at least 15 big O's with buckeyes on them.
While we were getting ready for bed that night of the game, she told me, "...so... Daddy's team plays 'football'... and here [in Mexico] the kids play 'football' [soccer]... why isn't Daddy's game called 'handball'? I mean, they throw the balls with their hands, not their foots."
I really couldn't argue with that.
Handball it is.
4. I was helping Vivi change her clothes after school and she said, "You know we have favorite words, right? Me and my sister do."
Me: You do? What are they?
Vivi: Underwear. Toilet. Toilet paper. And booty.
[insert copious amounts of snickering from a 4-year-old]
5. And my current favorite. As I was getting her out of her car seat, Vivi just randomly told me, "Mommy... you are so beautiful..."